MATES is carrying out five regional workshops online as part of its ongoing engagement with stakeholders. During the workshops, invited experts will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on the 11 MATES Pilot Experiences. The Pilot Experiences have been developed based on extensive research and engagement with stakeholders from the Shipbuilding and Offshore Renewable Sectors (from industry, training and education centres etc.). The Pilot Experiences are being used as opportunities to test new training material and methodologies that have been developed by the MATES consortium in line with the identified needs and priorities of both sectors. Lessons learned and recommendations from the pilots will be captured and will also feed into a Maritime Technology Skills Strategy. The Pilot Experience innovative elements and best practices will support the transfer of the Maritime Technology Skills Strategy to other regions and possibly other sectors.
The workshops underway and upcoming cover the following regions:
- Galicia – led by CETMAR “Skills for a Greener Shipbuilding Industry”, 29 June 2021
- Azores – led by FRCT, to be confirmed
- UK-Ireland – led by Aquatera, “Skills for accelerating the Offshore Renewable Energy industry”, 21 July 2021
- Central Europe – led by UvA “Digital transformation: skills for the Shipbuilding and Offshore Renewable Energy sectors”, 15 June 2021
- Mediterranean – led by Indigo-Med, “Green Technology and Ocean Literacy in the shipbuilding sector”, 5 July 2021
All of the feedback and outcomes from the workshops will be integrated into the Maritime Technology Skills Strategy which will also be presented to experts on 29 September 2021 (to be confirmed) for validation and further refinement.
Attendance to the workshops is by invitation only. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on the Pilot Experiences is available at https://www.projectmates.eu/pilot-experiences/.