Mailchimp newsletter subscription form
By signing up to this mailing list, you consent that your personal data will be collected and processed in line with the MATES privacy statement. We use Mailchimp as our email marketing platform. By subscribing to this mailing list, you acknowledge that your personal data will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Website Privacy Statement
Last updated: This Privacy Statement was last updated on 12 August 2020
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline how AquaTT, as MATES website manager, deals with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website.
1. Types of data we collect and what we use it for
a. When you use the MATES website: Like most websites, we gather analytical data collected on an aggregated basis of all visitors to the website. The data that we collect through Google Analytics are anonymised and are therefore not personally identifiable. If you do not want your data to be collected by Google Analytics, you can opt-out through tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
b. Email subscription data
2. What we do with your data
a. Aside from cookies, we do not collect, store or re-use any personally identifiable data as a result of your visit to the website. If this changes in the future, we will update this Privacy Statement accordingly.
b. Email subscription data:
If you choose to subscribe to the MATES e-newsletter, we will use the personal data that you provide to send you MATES newsletters via the Mailchimp email marketing platform. In addition to this regular newsletter, we may also send you news, updates and opportunities related to the MATES project and its partners. Processing your data in this way is on the legal basis of “legitimate interest”. You can choose to unsubscribe from these email updates at any time.
We will store your data until December 2022.
3. How do we store your data?
4. Your data protection rights
We would like to make you aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to ask AquaTT for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that AquaTT correct any information you believe to be inaccurate.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that AquaTT erase your personal data from our records.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that AquaTT restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to AquaTT processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that AquaTT transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Data retention
Your personal data will be stored by AquaTT until December 2022 as this is one year after the expected completion of MATES .
6. Right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC)
If you wish to raise a complaint, you can contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance. If you are not satisfied, you can complain to the DPC or exercise any of your other rights pursuant to data protection legislation (www.dataprotection.ie).
7. Updates to the Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. The ‘Last updated’ section at the top of this page indicates when it was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective once we post the revised version on the MATES website. Your use of the MATES website and services following these changes means that you accept the Privacy Statement.
8. How to contact us
The data controller for the MATES website and services provided through this website is AquaTT, located at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8, Ireland. If you need to contact AquaTT with regard to any of your rights as set out in this Privacy Statement, all such requests should be made in writing by emailing Sive Finlay at email@example.com